উচ্চ মাধ্যমিক এগ্রোনমি সিলেবাস 2023 | WBCHSE 12 (HS) Agronomy Syllabus 2023
Theoretical (Full Marks -70)
- 1. Growth of crop : concept of field components; growth stages of crops; preliminary concept of the development of physiology related to growth of crops such as rice, wheat, potato and jute.
- 2. Major and minor plant nutrients and their availability to plants ; soil organic matter and soil organisms, soil reaction and ion exchange : saline, sodic and acid soils, soil erosion and its control.
- 3. Manures and Fertilizers : Role of manures and fertilizers in crop production, important manures and fertilizers-compost, farmyard manure, green manure, oil cake, ammonium nitrate, super phosphate, Potassium Sulphate, mixed fertilizers – their properties and uses.
- 4. Crop production and propagation : Cereals (rice and wheat), sugarcane, banana, mango, tomato, brinjal.
- 5. Crop protection : Nature of damage due to insect pests, diseases and weeds, insect pests, diseases, weeds and methods of their control, protection against rodents; precautions required to handle pesticidal chemicals.
- 6. Law of diminishing returns in fertilizer use, special features of rainfed and irrigated agriculture. Cost of production of crops and important farm operations like ploughing, weeding, harvesting, threshing etc.
Practical (Full Marks – 30)
Group – A : 10 Marks
- 1. Identification of different manures and fertilizers. Acquaintance with different methods of fertilizer application. Study of the effects of fertilizers and other agricultural chemicals on crop growth and Yield.
- 2. Familiarity with different crop production operations (seedling raising, transplanting etc.) in the important crops consistent to the theory course.
- 3. Identification of different farm weeds, important diseases. insect pests and their damages,
- 4. Handling of hand sprayer and duster.
- 5. Calculation of yield of different crops by studying the yield attributes related to the course.
- 6. Mathematical calculation of requirement of commercial fertilizers.
- 7. Determination of cropping intensity and cost of cultivation of different crops in correspondence with theory course.
- 8. Acquaintance with cultivation of important crops according to the theory course
- 9. Students’ practice of budding, inarching & Goote making.
Group-B : 10 marks
- 1. Project work from the subject.
- 2. Practical exercise book / Laboratory Note Books.
- 3. Viva-Voce.